Friday, July 5, 2013

Restless

So restless. Because I do and never stop. So restless. Because when I stop my heart is still racing the speed of light. So restless. Because rest is just too hard. So restless. Because I want what I've done to be seen. I am restless until I rest in Him..;

Luke 10:28-42 "As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!"
"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."

Mary has chosen what is better. Mary has chosen rest. Mary has chosen to bask in the wisdom, in the love, in the presence of God himself. Mary has chosen grace. I want to be Mary.
But I run so much, I love the feel of the wind on my face as I constantly do. I work so hard, I build such a facade, I wear such a stiff mask. I am Mary. I am distracted by everything that must be done, everything I want to do in the short span of 24 hours in a day. I thank God for the gifts he's given me. For friendship, for love, for a house, for my faith. But I fail to ask him for the greatest gift he can offer me. I fail to thank him and bask in that gift. Luke 11:13 says "how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!" The greatest gift he has offered me is Himself, and I go so long without asking for it. I make it so far without holding this gift close to my heart. But He is the greatest gift. Mary had understood this, Mary basked in this, and Mary had faith.
Lord, help me be like Mary. Give me more of you.


Audrey Assad could not have said this any better..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ive-zxmqk3Q

No comments:

Post a Comment