Monday, December 7, 2015

Supernova

Supernova
My heart races at the speed of light.
My thoughts swirl in my head lacking in sense.
Words flow out of my mouth missing vocabulary.
My restlessness is chaos.

Winter air falls gently over the land.
Promising snow, promising peace.
Brisk air envelopes me in tranquility.
The lights of Christmas,
the joy of the season gives rest.
The promises are shalom.

My discontent is creating a gossip out of me.
Bitterness is planted as a seed in my heart.
Questions of God's goodness and love
grow like weeds in me.
Something must change.

"Be still," He says. "Listen to me," He whispers.
His hand that holds the entirety of the universe
touches my heart and I can breathe.
His heart that loves unconditionally stops
this anarchy in my mind.

The paradox of this curious reality
is that I am mess
and You are order.
When I spin like a tornado,
bringing destruction to everything in my wake,
You are.

A peace that silences the questions,
calms the storm
and breaks the disillusions.
This collision of peaceful serenity
and my restless soul is creating a supernova.

Because when chaos meets harmony,
and love meets apathy,
fears are stilled,
restlessness replaced with content.
I am chaos,
You are harmony.
Silence my fears,
still my restlessness. 
Content my heart. 


No comments:

Post a Comment