Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Cats, Red Cups and Netflix

I don't know about you, but I have had enough of the red cups.

Tonight I was talking to my friend and she is quite the wise woman. I asked her if she liked country music and she told me the Lord convicted her of it. Personal choices. But the part that got to me was how willing she is to obey the Lord in anything and everything she does.
The Lord spoke to me tonight and convicted me through our conversation.

What would it look like for me to give it all? What would it be like if I actually surrendered all to the Lord?

Am I willing to sacrifice my language? My money? My music? My phone? Or even worse, Netflix??

Am I really willing to lay it all down for Jesus?
He challenged me. One Week.

Just one week of no netflix, no facebook, no instagram no pinterest, no things that steal my time.
Because I don't know about you, but I'm tired of reading about red cups and seeing videos of cats that are only stealing my time and attention away from the Lord. I'm tired of watching Netflix for hours upon end and still not having answers at the end. I'm tired of wasting my time and walking into a classroom and seeing heads turned down distracted by a tiny screen that shatters relationships. I'm so tired of that. And I miss Jesus much.

One week. Of Jesus and things that glorify him.
Am I willing to surrender all?

Are you with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment