Tuesday, November 3, 2015

called to be free.

If you hold to my teachings, you really are my disciples, then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.

Oh how we endlessly seek for the truth. So many people, so many religions, wondering, yearning, dying for the truth.
The people claim that there is no such thing as absolute truth, but they are willing to stand on that hill and die for the truth that there is no absolute truth.
This does not make sense.

Here I am though, claiming to know absolute truth, and yet sometimes I wonder, what is this great and glorious truth.

Christ said to us, "I am the truth."

That is revolutionary. Jesus is truth embodied. So it all makes sense in this verse that Jesus spoke to my heart. Then you will know the truth (ME!) and the truth (I!) will set you free. 

So when I try my hardest to be free of the hurts and fears and struggles and temptations, I'll never be free when I'm seeking some mystical truth.

Galatians 5:1 says It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then! Do not be burdened again by a yoke of slavery... You were called to be free.

Freedom comes from knowing Jesus.

We wrestle too much with what the truth is, when the truth is standing right in front of us, inviting us into a relationship with Him. But we miss it because we are too busy searching for something else.

They are the same, when we know Jesus, the truth becomes clear to us. And when we know the truth, freedom is clear, sinning is impossible. My goal, then, is not to stop sinning, my goal ultimately is to know Jesus.
That truth alone will compel me to lay down my sin and serve Christ in freedom.

I was called to be free.
It is for freedom that I have been set free.

When I know Jesus, he sets me free.


No comments:

Post a Comment