Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The First Step into the Rest of my Life

The latest question that people have nonstop asked me for the past six months of my life.
"So, what are you doing now?"
"What are your plans?"
"When's your next adventure?"
"How long are you home for?"
The question became quite the annoyance to answer considering I had zero answers.
I'm nannying.
No, I don't know my plans.
No, I don't know my next adventure.
No, I don't know how long I'm here for.

Waiting on the Lord to speak felt like forever. As I mentioned in my last blog, He had many things to work in me as I waited. Things I could only gain in the specific season of waiting for the next step of my life. He built in me unquenchable Hope in who He is and what He is doing in the lives around me and mine. He has strengthened my trust in Him, reminding me countless times of people in the Bible when you can through, without question. He showed me all the times in my life that He has done that for me.
Up until January I still really wanted to go back to YWAM Louisville. I was hoping and praying that I would complete my time at home in obedience and then the Lord would finally open the door to go back.
But in January I went down to Louisville with my friend. And while I was there God opened my eyes to how YWAM had been my launching pad, not my ministry to stay in. I would never get back the season I had there. My time with YWAM had been a much needed time of discipleship, healing and learning. It had been a time of discovering my passions and my spiritual gifts. It was an incredible time with deeper friendships than I'll ever know, friendships I'll never let go.
And when I came home, I was at peace. But now the questions became, "What now?"
My own plans slipped through my fingertips. It was God saying, "Leah, trust me. I have things for you that you'll never imagine."
And the waiting began again, and I began to wonder if it would ever end. My favorite band sang, "If this waiting lasts forever, I'm afraid I might let go."
But in the perfect timing, God started stirring. My dreams started growing and my mind started working.
I am about to say something I never thought I would say. It has taken a miracle to say it.
I am going to college.
One day I was telling my best friend that I didn't ever want to go to college. And less than two weeks later, I was on my way to applying, and excited about it.
My dreams started growing for helping people in deeper ways than I was capable. I started realizing how I wanted to skillfully meet the deeper needs of one's heart. I wanted discipleship and I wanted to be a missionary.
And I don't know how else to tell you that I know, except that I know college is the next step for me.

So I am excited to announce that in the Fall of 2015 I will be attending Lancaster Bible College majoring in Professional Counseling working towards a Master's.
I am ecstatic and terrified that this is my next step.
Since finding out, I go through waves of fear and excitement.
But ultimately, I cannot wait for what the Lord is going to do and where He is going to take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment