Monday, September 30, 2013

A day in the life at YWAM

Well, it is the start of week #2 at YWAM Louisville. I love it. I'm being challenged so much in my faith, not only with the speakers but in my personal Bible study. I live in a huge house full of 34 girls! Which is super fun, it's a party all the time (:
 I want to give you a look into my daily schedule.
I wake up at (preferably 6:30) but it's been 7 lately. Eat some breakfast, which at times has turned into cheez-its or mac and cheese. At 7:30 we have quiet time for an hour. I've done various things with this time, take prayer walks, studied my Bible or just rested in God's presence.
At the end of this the vans pick us up to take us to the church where we have classes. Most mornings we have classes. Wednesdays though, we have an hour worship before classes which is awesome. Then we have lunch and more afternoon classes. Some days we also have intercessory prayer for the nations, praying for nations we could be visiting or problems facing the world today. Really whatever God lays on our hearts. 2 days out of the week we have small group, which I'm excited to get more involved in. Evenings have been free for homework, hanging out, or shopping for snacks :P I can't wait to learn more of what God will teach me. On Thursday I will be starting local ministry. We haven't been told exactly what that is yet, but I am so excited!!
I think one of the most important aspects I've loved is the relationships I've been forming. God knows how much my heart needs friendships and relationships, he has completely blessed me with the friends he's given. I can already feel life long friends forming. Friendships built on conversations about God are probably the best ones.
So that is a little excerpt into a day in YWAM. Any questions? Comment or email me! I'd love to tell you more personally about my experiences.

1 comment:

  1. This is really beautiful! I love that you let God use anything to speak to you! You are an incredible woman of God!!

    ReplyDelete