Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Faith is...

Do you have faith in the fact that I can change your circumstances? Or do you have faith in me that I am faithful even in the midst of your terrifying circumstances and even if I choose not to pull you out of that?

Faith is so many things. Faith is that place where I am standing on the edge of a rock, miles above the ground and I stare into the scenery and I can trust. If God said jump, would I jump?
Faith is when I see the firey passion of a sunset and it screams promises of return. Yet faith is also when I see the faint colors hidden underneath the clouds as the sky slowly darkens and the sun whispers, "Do you remember my covenant?"
Faith is when my world spins faster and seems to stop in the dead of night and I have only the stars, so far away, reminding me of the light.
Faith is taking myself away from the busy, fake lights, and looking at the real ones, that have been placed in heaven for me.
Faith is knowing that the stars are the holes in the blanket that separate me from heaven, they are the glory of God.
Faith is whispering, "I still believe..." through the tears, through the clouds that make the dark night all the darker.
Faith is a funny thing, because I can have so little, I can be like the man in the Bible who wanted Jesus to heal his child so bad who said, "I believe; help my unbelief."
Faith is in God when he says yes. Faith is in God when he says no. Faith is believing He can change my circumstances, but it is trusting in Him when He chooses not to.
Faith isn't always a symphony chorus making a beautiful sound filled with hope and wonder. Faith can be a tear that falls and splashes the ground as I look up and know who my Creator is. Faith isn't always standing on the rooftops and shouting the glories of God filled to the fullest with all of the gifts He has given. Faith can be standing with empty hands and expressing your need.
This week I saw a tiny act of faith that gave me volumes of faith. I expressed my financial need for my trip to India coming so quickly to a family. And a precious little girl gave me all the coins she had in a plastic bag. It was an expression of her faith, that even though it was small, she was giving out of a pure heart, and heart that wanted to see me go to India so I could share the hope that I have with them. She played a vital role, and her giving heart is changing mine, to be grateful and to be faithful.
Faith is little, Faith is small.
My faith is in my God who promises to be faithful even when I am not.
Faith is a heart in a place knowing it isn't enough yet trusting that God is.

No comments:

Post a Comment