Sunday, December 8, 2013

Worth It All

I am in the last week of lecture phase. Where has the time gone? This season has been so incredible. I have made some of the best friends in my life, my relationship with the Lord has gone deeper than I ever thought possible, my faith stretched beyond my comprehension.


Something about developing a right view of God softens your heart. One thing I have loved about this season in my life is that I have been encouraged to wrestle with the hard things, wrestle like Jacob with God until morning, until I know, without a shadow of doubt who my God is. I have learned that some truth doesn't come easy, some truth my heart tries so hard to believe but it doesn't know how. I have learned to rest in the arms of Jesus. He is good like that, He will wrestle with your heart, fighting with it to believe the truth, but when you are too exhausted to go on, he lets you rest. He cradles your heart and speaks love over you. I have learned the faithfulness of the Lord. He is unchanging despite my swaying emotions. He is like the sunset. When it is my world that turns, not himself, he paints me a beautiful picture, promising 'I am still with you', as the dark night closes in. He gives me the stars, people in my life who light up the night and guide me to the truth, reminders of the faithfulness of my God. He gives me the moon, which is the Word of God and reflects himself when I can't seem to see him.
My favorite quote was written by a man in a concentration camp, at his lowest point, he carved into a wall, "I believe in the sun even when I can't see it. I believe in love even when I can't feel it. I believe in God even when He is silent." He knew that it wasn't the Lord who had changed, but his world that spun away from seeing the Light of the Son.
He has proved his faithfulness to me, in bringing me through a journey of being closer to His heart. He is patient to my stubborn heart that oftentimes doesn't want to hike the mountain before me, but oh, once on the top the view is incredible. He is my God, who I love learning more about and growing deeper in my love with Him. There is so much more to love, so much more to learn, and this is only the beginning of a beautiful journey.
I've reached this place of freedom. I know I still have far to go.
At times it is hard, and I lift my weary eyes and say, "Oh Lord, how long?" But I have come to this place, where I know that when I am in the arms of my Jesus at the end of this life it will all be worth it. The struggles, the tears, the good times, the laughter, it will all be worth it.Because Jesus is Worth It All.
This song by Rita Springer has been a song   that has really touched my heart this week.

What's next: I'll be home in exactly one week!!! I'd love to see as many of you as possible! Send me an email if you'd like to get together (: 
I'll be home for 2 weeks. I will then come back to Louisville and leave for North Carolina for 10 days for my Stateside Outreach. And then, FINALLY, on January 8th I will leave for India for 6 weeks! I am so excited!! 

Contact me: clayjarsoftreasure@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. What an incredible picture! This blog should be shared with so many!! It really struck me about the sun, moon etc. It's so true and such a great illustration! You have gone through all of this and found out about God instead of going through it all and letting your circumstances speak to you. What an incredible thing. All you can cling to is God. So much has happened in you Leah, but this is just the beginning!!!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete